Leather Craft Non-Stick Bookbinding Edge Slicker
This gentle tool is for working on materials that might be damaged by a point or sharp edge. Perfect for molding leather!
Used for burnishing the edges of leather and paper. It has four divot sizes for the edges and a blunt point for burnishing hard to reach places. The reverse side is flat for burnishing the flesh side of the leather.
Our bone folders
are made of a specially engineered non-stick material which offers a
number of benefits over bone and regular plastic. Customers tell us
that one of the biggest benefits of our bone folder is the non-stick
properties, which means that adhesives, inks and paints will not stick to it.
If you use a traditional bone folder today, you know its tendency to
get worn down, discolored, and stained with age; this leads to messy
clean up or worse, contamination of your next project. This is not the
case with our bone folder; it will only get smoother and shinier with age while making clean up a snap. In fact, our biggest problem is that our bone folders last so long, once you buy one you will not need another one.
- Due to lowest coefficient of friction - leaves no burnishing marks at all!
- Size: 6 1/4" x 3/4" x 3/8"
- Non-stick,will not leave a burnishing mark!
- Heat Resistant up to 600 Âº F
- Chemically Inert, non-corrosive, and non-contaminating.
Some of the most common uses we have seen or heard about include:
- pressing down folds,
- sticking layers
- folding, creasing, & scoring paper & fabric
- card making
- handmade books
- book repair & conservation
- ribbon curling
- paper quilling (paper filigree)
- burnishing transfers
- stained glass art
- dimensional paint techniques
- gift wrapping
- removing pieces from molds
It is also highly useful in medical, biomedical, pharmaceutical, chemical, and manufacturing fields.